Household Flea Spray
- Staykil Plus is an odourless environmental flea treatment which provides long lasting protection against fleas in your home.
- Staykil Plus comes in a 500ml can, which is enough to treat a large 4 bedroom house and a car.
- Staykil Plus offers protection against flea infestation for 12 months.
A guide to using Staykil Plus
Read and follow the can instructions carefully. You can also use these additional handy tips below.
- Remove all pets and children from the room being treated.
- Vacuum thoroughly.
- Close all windows and doors and spray all carpets, exposed floor boards, soft furnishings and cracks and crevices with a sweeping action holding the can at knee height.
- Leave the product (Acclaim, Staykil Plus) to settle for about 30 minutes before airing the room.
- Pets and children may return as soon as surfaces are dry to the touch, usually 30 minutes
- Regular vacuuming will encourage maximum hatch of the immature stages, ensuring rapid control.
Hints and Tips
- Fleas living under exposed floor boards can be difficult to treat and hatching may be prolonged. Try to use a hairdryer directed at these crack to encourage hatching.
- When an infestation is established, adult fleas may be seen for some weeks following spraying. This is because the existing pupae must hatch before they can be killed, it is quite normal and the flea spray will still be working.
- When the heating is turned up or an unused room is disturbed this can activate dormant fleas.
- Human bedding and clothing does not need to be sprayed; a hot wash (on or above 60oC) wash will kill eggs and larvae.
- Remember to treat the whole house, the car and any outbuildings frequented by the pet.
- Vacuum living areas before going to bed, and vacuum the bedroom areas in the morning. This will ensure rooms are vacant after vacuuming thus reducing the likelihood of fleas biting you.
- To prevent fleas from breeding and protect your home for up to 12 months Staykil Plus contains the insect growth regulator S-methoprene.
- Permethrin is the active ingredient in Staykil that kills fleas within 24 hours of hatching and continues to kill them for a further 6 weeks