- Galastop contains the drug cabergoline, which is a powerful and long lasting inhibitor of prolactin secretion
- Prolactin is the key hormone for lactogenesis and the initiation and maintenance of lactation after parturition, as well being associated with the clinical signs associated with false pregnancy
- It is commonly used in the bitch for the treatment of false pregnancy and the drying up of lactation
- Treatment of false pregnancy in bitches – inhibition of prolactin secretion results in a rapid resolution of the signs of false pregnancy, including lactation and behavioural change
- Suppression of lactation in bitches – inhibition of prolactin secretion results in a rapid cessation of lactation and a reduction in the size of the mammary glands. This may be required in some clinical circumstances, e.g. following removal of pups soon after birth or early weaning.
Available to : Pharmacist, Veterinarian, Veterinary Nurse
Please log in to access this restricted content