The day consisted of discussions on what, as a collective group of behaviour organisations, charities, veterinary organisations and other relevant bodies, we can do to help disseminate appropriate, practical behavioural advice to horse-owning members of the public.
The speakers on the day were:
- Professor Natalie Waran BSc (Hons) PhD - Director of Jeanne Marchig International Centre for Animal Welfare Education, The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh.
- Nicolas De Brauwere BVSc, MRCVS - Head of Welfare and Behaviour, Redwings Horse Sanctuary.
- Gemma Pearson BVMS Cert AVP (EM) MRCVS - Senior Clinical Scholar at the University of Edinburgh Equine Hospital, Veterinary Liaison Officer at the International Society for Equitation Science.
- Loni Loftus MSc, BSc(Hons) - Companion Animal Behaviourist and Lecturer, Course Manager of the Equine Science and Management degree at Askham Bryan College.
- Jo Gourlay BVM&S, MRCVS - Veterinary Advisor, Ceva Animal Health.
Video footage from the day is now available on the Ceva You Tube Channel. To visit, simply click here